Monetary support enhances our programs and strengthens our ability to provide the most comprehensive services available.
In 2008 alone, La Piñon provided:
- Over 124 SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) Examinations
- Therapeutic counseling to over 868 individuals
- Rape Crisis Advocates for over 1,250 victims
- Training, prevention workshops and awareness information to over 20,000 community members.
To meet these needs, we have expanded our services and our physical presence in the community. We have opened an enhanced SANE Unit at Memorial Medical Center to increase victim privacy and comfort. We have moved our offices into a more efficient space in which to operate. These large, but necessary expenses have inspired us to raise $20,000 in 2008 in order to continue to expand our capacity to meet community needs.
Your contribution ensures that victims ALWAYS have a place to to turn to and family members ALWAYS have support, and our community ALWAYS HAS A LEADER in our effort to “STOP THE VIOLENCE”.
Your contribution matters:
- $1,000 Provides information for 1,000 community members
- $500 Provides an advocate on 24/7
- $250 Provides therapeutic counseling for a child victim
- $100 Provides volunteer training to staff our KIDTALK warmline
No amount is too small. Any amount you can give is useful, appreciated and tax-deductible. Your participation makes a difference. You can mail your contributions to: La Piñon, 525 South Melendres St., Las Cruces, NM 88005.
For more information please call us at 575-526-3437 or Email us at email@example.com.